The firm Vee Gee Bee was founded in 1920 and turned into a Limited Liability Company in 1980. It now trades under the name of Vee Gee Bee Wholesale Ltd. and has two distinct business areas. The first focuses mainly in the Hardware Market Sector with a particular emphasis on domestic and industrial paints and adhesives. The second specialises in the retail sale and distribution of Artist Materials. Our mission is to enrich people's lives by bringing visual delight and lasting care to their surroundings. We aim to have the brands, products and services that will be the first choice for people who want the best for their homes and also the right tools to bring out their creativity and artistic inspiration.
The company distributes to over 300 hardware retail outlets in Malta and Gozo. In order to satisfy the demands of the local market we have substantial warehousing facilities for stocking of all our products, as well as an organised distribution network which ensures that customer locations are visited at least twice a week. Our wholesale set-up provides the retailers with the service they are accustomed to, including credit facilities, special offers, advertising, technical information and special attention to meet one-off or exceptional demands such as instant delivery, customised products and a fully computerized paint colour matching facility.
The company has been trading in artist materials since its early days. Originally starting with an Art shop in Valletta which also served as an art gallery for local artists. Eventually a larger and more modern flagship store, dedicated solely to art materials, was opend in San Gwann. This shop sells a vast range of art materials ranging from traditional pigments and tubes to the newer art markers. This shop also has a fully equipped art studio used for art lessons, life sessions or workshops. In 2016 VGB also launched the first Maltese online shop for artist material. Customers can browse the online shop in the comfort of their own home and we even offer delivery direct to their door. We also supply artist material to other local art shops and schools and are very involved in the local art scene. The employees in our Art Division, include Fine Art, History of Art and Graphic Design graduates, who have extensive product knowledge in order to be able to give the right advice to our clients.
A full list of companies we represent is listed below:
- Berger Paints International (1927) - Decorative Paints, Emulsions, Exterior Finishes, Water-proofing, etc.
- Winsor & Newton Limited UK (1929) - Artist Materials
- Bostik Limited UK (1947) - Adhesives
- Mark Cansick (Exporting House) UK (1950) - Adhesive and Tape
- P&P Plate Hanger Supplies Ltd UK (1951) - Plate Hangers and Stands
- Hammerite Products Ltd UK (1988/1996) - Specialised Paints & Primers
- NAR (Distribution only) Italy (1989 ) - Masking and Packing Tape
- Pergamano International Holland (1999) - Parchment Craft
- Marabu Germany (1999) - Craft Paints
- Dylon International UK (1999) - Fabric Dyes
- Caran D'Ache Switzerland (2000) - Artist Pencils
- Woodman Hill UK (2001) - White Sprits / Drain Cleaners
- PincÉis Atlas Brazil (2006) - Paint Brushes and Rollers
- Inveresk (2010) - Artist Paper
- ICI Paints (2011) - Dulux Paints
- Unison Colour Ltd (2010) - Chalk Pastels
- Vinciana Editrice (2010) - Art Books
- Acco Uk Ltd (2015) - Derwent Products
- Hamelin Ltd (2016) - Canson paper
- Cappelletto Srl (2016) - Art Easels